Introducing a completely current and innovative way to learn the basics of Ductwork and Furnace Installation! Featuring hundreds practical competencies, this “how to” guide has been carefully designed and thoroughly modernized to provide a complete learning system for the fundamentals and applications of core ductwork installation concepts. It combines straightforward theory lessons with useful “hands-on” opportunities for learning about the industries hottest topics, including installation in small and big houses and apartments, installation in basements and attics, rough-ins and finals, safety issues, and more. Enhancements to this edition include an updated tools and materials identification chart, new and improved pictures, revised installation techniques.
- The flexible format affords users the unique opportunity to learn ductwork installation fundamentals and applications either on an individual basis
- Practical competencies take readers step-by-step through specific installations and offer the hands-on training needed to work in ductwork installation field
- Theory lessons can be fine-tuned to meet specific training needs of local contractors, associations, or individual installers
This e-textbook was written and published on this site in 2008 and significantly changed and improved in 2015.
In 2012 links to the International Code were added.
Now I'm working for an HVAC Company that, among others, is a contractor for Pulte Homes Company. I'm working for this company since May 2013 and generated the best practices of their unique way of ductwork installation. Hundreds of new photos were taken and inserted in many chapters of Ductwork Installation Guide e-book and if you are serious to become the best in your company I highly recommend you to take a look at these chapters (chapters updated since May 2013).
All possible ductwork installation tips and tricks were added to the full version of the book.
However, if you are already purchased this e-book in the past, in the process of purchasing it now or planning to buy this e-book please come back to the Chapter-by-Chapter Description of the Contents pages (2) to check out for updates at least once in three months.
Ductwork Installation Guide is written in the Microsoft Word and it works in both: PC and Mac. The book has 63 chapters and all chapters are available separately.
If you will buy the Rough-in part of this e-book for $44.99, you will have 826 photos, including tools, materials and installation on 346 pages.
If you will buy the Basement part of this e-book for $55.99, you will have 1585 photos, representing all stages of installation on 807 pages.
If you will buy the Ductwork Installation Guide as a whole for $89.99, you will have 2411 photos, including tools, equipment, materials and installation on 1153 pages, plus Ductwork Installation Tips and Tricks – 46 of them, $9.99 value absolutely free!
- If you are a homeowner who is doing remodeling of his/her house, you will have more than enough information to get the gob done right!
- If you are an apprentice or an experienced HVAC installer you will also get everything what you need to become the best in your company.
- If you are an HVAC contractor and you will train your employees in these skills, you will provide them with the tools they need to perform to the best of their ability.
After you have purchased a paid access page; PayPal is going to bring you back to my website. In order to see the paid page you have to click on the Register button, fill out the form, choose your own Username and Password and click on the Register button at the bottom of the form – congratulation, you are now on the page you have paid for!
Important: After you have purchased any Paid page or Download page and PayPal brought you back to my website, the first thing that you should do is to save that page to your Favorites. Then if something goes wrong you always can come back to re-register yourself on my website again.
This is an online version of the book. No CD version is available at this time.
You can purchase any chapter below and if you purchase the e-book as whole I’ll refund your money back to your PayPal account.
Chapters available online:
ROUGH-IN (Chapter-by-Chapter Description of the Contents 1)
1. Introduction, Tools and Equipment
2. Architectural Features of House
3. House Mark Out
5. Heat Runs, Bath Box Installation in Interior Wall
6. Bath Box Installation in Exterior Wall
7. High Wall Heat
8. Bath Box Working for Tow Rooms
9. Oval Stack Installation, Oval Stack in Exterior Wall
10. Bath Box Situated in Parallel to Oval Stack
11. Bath Box Disposed Perpendicular to Oval Stack
12. Bath Box Situated Right above Oval Stack
13. Hooking up Floor Box
14. Oval Stack Situated in Interior Wall
15. Oval Stack in Wall between Two Joists
16. Oval Stack in Wall Perpendicular to Joists
17. Hooking up Oval Stack to Toe Kick 90*
18. Uncommon Cases of Oval Stack Installations
19. Cold Air Return Installation
20. Cold Air Frames Installation
21. Blockers Installation
22. Uncommon Cases in Installation of Air Returns
23. Bath Fan Exhausts
24. Bath Fans Installation
25. Uncommon Cases of Bath Fan Exhausts
26. Dryer Vent
27. Kitchen Exhaust
28. Fresh Air Cap Installation
29. Venting of Furnace
30. Thermostat Wiring
31. Firestop Insulation
32. Temporary Furnace Suspension
BASEMENT (Chapter-by-Chapter Description of the Contents 2)
33. Basement, Preparation of Workplace
34. Sheeting (Panning)
35. Variants Sheeting Installation from Cold Air Return
36. Double Sheeting
37. Furnace Installation
38. Plenum Installation
39. Ductwork Installation
40. Cold Air Return Duct Installation
41. Supply Duct Installation
42. Calculation and Manufacturing Off-set and Riser
43. Heat Runs Installation
44. Jumper Installation
45. Application of 8” Pipes and Fittings
46. Basement Heats
47. Fresh Air, Combustion Air
48. Microwave Hood, Jenn-air, Kitchen Hood
50. Condensate Line, Venting and Condensate
Line for Comfortmaker and Aire-Flo furnaces
51. Humidifier Installation
52. Registers and Grills Installation
53. Thermostat Installation
54. Finishing Basement
55. Installation of Heating System in Big Houses
56. Air Handler Installation
57. Underground Ductwork
58. Garage Heaters
59. Furnace Change-out
60. Correcting Mistakes
61. Safety Techniques
62. Duct Sealing (New)
63. Uncommon Cases, Conclusion
Ductwork Installation Tips and Tricks (47) - added to the full version of the Ductwork Installation Guide book.
The Latest Update: 03/30/2020
HVAC Quality Installation Specification
Charles Ashton bought this e-book in 2011, came back in 2013 and now wrote this email to me:
I have been in the HVAC Service Field for many years and I am now branching out more into the installation of duct work. The Ductwork Installation guide had step by step instructions, and is very well written and informative for the layman to understand. I use to have problems doing offsets and this book explains it, in its simplest form. I did substantial research on finding a Ductwork guide that would give much detailed information as possible, and your book was the most informative one I could find with the opportunity to get updates in the future. I am very glad that I purchased this and I look forward to viewing your website for more project information as needed.
Charles Ashton, Owings Mills, Maryland
This is the place where the people who have purchased one of my books can say Thank You. Join the others and show your accomplishments in the ductwork installation field!